The IVDA guide to the university circuit. It provides a brief explanation of the format of the different competitions, a list of the competitions that occur most years, a brief summary of elegibility requirements as well as an introduction to IVDA itself and how it works.
This page on the EADA site provides a good list and explanation of basic (restricted) steps.
Non-competitive dress refers to items of clothing that were not specifically designed to be used for competitive dancing.
- IVDC – the annual national student competition
A document detailing the restrictions on attire to be worn at the IVDC.
Thinking about competing on the Open Circuit for the first time? Or already competed and want to find some more information. This page is for all of you.
- Guide to Open Circuit
(The IVDA-EADA guide to the open circuit – a fairly comprehensive guide)
- If you can not find that which you are looking for then please contact us. We may well be able to help further.
- The importance of fitness training
- Origins of Ballroom dancing
- Dancing as a sport
- Men in dancesport
- Ballroom teacher shortage
- A guide to the standard dances
- A guide to the latin dances
- Practice without leaving your bed
- How we do it
- Random dance facts
- University dance resurgence
- MIT open vs IVDC: a comparison
- IVDA Constitution
- NUDA Constitution (rev. 08)
- SUDA Constitution (rev. 10/06)
- An introduction and guide to the Standing Committee
- Minutes of IVDA General Meetings
For a whole host of useful links (including links to member University socities) click here.